, United Kingdom

Posted on
2020-02-23 11:18:57
“I am a life-long model aircraft builder, flyer and competitor based in the UK. I do not fly “drones” only traditional model aircraft but my objection applies to all hoobyist UAS. My primary concern is the FAA proposals for visitors that would require me to re-register and re-label models in order to fly in international competitions in the USA. I have passed the UK Civil Aviation Authority knowledge test, registered with the CAA as UAS operator and I am labeling all my models in accordance with the UK CAA regulations and British Model Flying Association rules for competition numbering. I note that for full-size manned aircraft, the FAA says “Foreign aircraft may fly in the U.S. if they have an airworthiness certificate equivalent to a U.S. standard airworthiness certificate” and does not require re-registration of visiting aircraft. Would it be acceptable for the FAA to recognise the official UK (or other foreign) certification and registration of model aircraft on the same reciprocal basis?”
Share on email
Share on print
Share on facebook
Share on twitter