The FT Tutor was designed to be a training aircraft modeled after classic trainers, like the Sig Kadet, Eagle 2, LT-40, and Freedom 20. This aircraft also follows the concept of the Simple Series using many of the same common build techniques. The desire is that the FT Tutor will not only be a great entry into the hobby for new pilots, but also a fantastic new training plane.
The FT Tutor can be built as a 3-channel (combined with our power pack B) to enjoy easy relaxing flights. You can also add ailerons for basic aerobatics and the increased control that a 4-channel set up can give. The configuration can be set up as a taildragger, tricycle gear or even FT Simple Cub floats. If you want to turn things up to the extreme, add in the power pack C and the Turbo Tutor wing kit for insane aerobatics and 3D maneuvers.
FT TUTOR SPECS:
- Center Of Gravity: 2.25-2.5 inches (57-63mm) from leading edge of wing
- Wingspan: 41.5 inches (1055mm) Standard Wing
- Wingspan: 37.25 inches (946mm) Sport Wing
- Recommended Motor: 2212B-1050kv Standard, 2218B-1180kv Sport/Floats
- Recommended Prop: 10×4.5 3s, 9×4.5 4s
- Recommended ESC: 30-40 amp
- Recommended Battery: 1300 mAh 3s or 4s with 9×4.5 prop
- Recommended Servos: (2-4) 9 gram servos